07976 351 079 / 01480 300 402 INFO@KAPAGEGROUNDWORKS.CO.UK

Drop Kerbs (Council Approved)

The company is registered with the local authorities and meets all regulations to perform work in streets and roads including requirements for drop kerbs. If you need a drop kerb to gain vehicular access to your home then please contact us with details of your project so we can help. We respond very quickly to enquiries and will tell you exactly what you need to know.

In order to proceed with a drop kerb you must first seek permission from your local authority to see if the road which is accessed from your home is one that is maintained by them. This also applies if you wish to extend a drop kerb. If they do maintain the road, planning permission may be required. First contact your district council – all councils charge for this – you then have to apply to the county council who are in most instances in charge of highways such as roads.

If you live on a housing estate, then you should be able to apply directly to your county council for permission. There will be a charge which includes inspection fees payable to the county council.

When quote has been excepted and your application is approved, we then require a  copy of the approval letter, once received we will complete a booking for a road space application before the work can start.

We not only carry out drop kerbs on behalf of private householders but we also perform this kind of work for local councils too, therefore we are very well aware of all the procedures and specifications required.